25 July 2009

If I tell you, I'll have to kill you.

Once upon a time, there was girl who wanted to be a super hero. So, she went to as many super hero training classes as she possibly could, and began her super hero duties, with her new super hero friends and co workers.
The difficult part wasn't saving people from burning buildings, or keeping the bad guys away from the good guys, but, it was keeping her identity hidden from the people who wouldn't accept her for being a super hero. This made her life quite secretive, which she thought would be acceptable, until slowly lines started to blur.
See, this girl wanted so much to let everyone know what she had been doing for a living, but it is very easy for a super hero to 'fall from grace,' as it is said. One poorly executed save, and a super hero can be put out to pasture, not before everyone is told of their poor super skills.
For fear that she wouldn't be good enough, she decided to keep her mouth shut about her work, rather than lie about it or try to let people understand.


Modeling is made out to be a very glamorous job, which it is at certain times of course. But, like all jobs, there is work, and the reward that comes from all of the work. Now, I wish I didn't have to exercise as much as I do, or pay a trainer far too much to keep me accountable (and I have grown to despise the taste of ice cream, thank goodness), but it is a small price to pay for the fun times I have on set. And who knows, maybe I'll get to wear a cape in the near future.


oh, and this photograph was taken by Jerry Mok, a fantastic shoot in the back of a Japanese restaurant in San Mateo, California. Looks like I was channeling my evil villain side.

No comments:

Post a Comment